Local business owners often find it challenging to dedicate time and money to marketing. Taking advantage of digital opportunities is a great avenue for those who want to market their services to the local community and beyond. Here are five suggestions to get you started—and they’re free!
- Register on Google: Places for Business. This will ensure that your business shows up in Google search. It also allows you to profile your business with pictures and useful information like store hours and expertise. Additionally, it’s a great vehicle for getting feedback from your customers and to see what people are talking about.
- Get customers to do reviews on local sites. You can incent them by a coupon or even a piece of candy while they are visiting your place of business. Yelp is one of the most popular review sites and ranks well with search engines. It’s generally seen as reputable and trustworthy.
- Use free classified ad services. CraigsList and Kijiji are full of eager buyers and people seeking services and products. It’s a great way to reach a lot of potential buyers and takes about 10 minutes to post something.
- Participate in a Q&A site and become a trusted advisor. People will seek you out if they believe you are an expert. They will even recommend you to their friends. Here is a popular one to get you started: Yahoo Answers.
- Join Quora. Quora is a vehicle for posting and answering questions as well as following topics of interest. You can demonstrate your thought leadership to a large audience while learning from others in your field. Users include a short bio highlighting their expertise, thereby validating their authority. And, by sharing your posts on Twitter and Facebook, you expand your audience beyond the Quora platform
We hope this helps you navigate the digital world. Look for our next post about free ways to market your local services businesses off-line.
Looking for more help to make marketing work in your B2B company? Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.