Would you believe that, by 2019, 80% of all internet traffic will be streaming video content?1 Videos are more important now than ever before as a B2B marketing tool. And YouTube is at the forefront of this enormous phenomenon.
YouTube is more than just a video hosting website. It’s the 2nd largest search engine in the world, boasting over 3 billion searches per month, which accounts for more search volume than Bing, Yahoo, AOL and Ask.com combined.1
A recent HubSpot report revealed that 96% of B2B companies already use video in some form or another in their marketing campaigns, and 73% of them reported positive ROI results.2 This is not surprising, if you consider that 75% of executives watch work related videos at least once a week, and as a result:2
- 50% of them will look for more information about your company
- 65% of them will visit your company’s website
- 39% of them will call you
How and where can your videos be put to best use? Since Google owns YouTube, posting your videos on YouTube is arguably the best way to get your message out there. As long as you create videos with content that is relevant to what B2B executives are searching for, you will rank well with both YouTube and Google.
Here are 5+ reasons why you should use YouTube videos to give your strategic marketing plan a big boost:
1: LANDING PAGES
Including a video on your landing page can increase your conversion rates by 80%.3 Develop your own standalone YouTube landing page and you will increase this rate even more, as YouTube accounts for almost one-third of internet traffic.4
2: SOCIAL MEDIA ON MOBILE
Social media networks are displaying more and more video content every day. In fact, YouTube reports that mobile video consumption is increasing by 100% every year.2 Executives are always on the go, yet they want to learn more and share more. Create short, informative, relevant and captivating YouTube videos, post them on your social media channels and watch your audience grow.
3: PRODUCT/SERVICE DEMONSTRATIONS
Who wants to read a manual or brochure? According to a YouTube study, 90% of people find product videos helpful to the decision-making process.2 Videos are a great way to demonstrate your product or service, to educate the viewer and to drive sales.
4: EMAIL MARKETING
The use of YouTube videos in email campaigns is on the rise; 76% of marketers plan to increase their use of videos in campaigns. Videos have a positive impact on email effectiveness, including:5
- Open rates increase by 19%
- Click-through rates increase by 65%
- Unsubscribes decrease by 26%
5: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
YouTube videos are being used around the world to communicate, educate and train internally, motivating employees and building brand ambassadors. An Inc.com infographic shows that:6
- 92% of employees believe video is important for internal communications
- 70% of businesses feel that they could devote more resources to video content
- 53% of employees expect to see video being used for internal communications
Yet, less than 40% of businesses are using video for employee training and education, and only 35% are using video for internal management communications.6
+ MORE REASONS:
YouTube is a powerful platform for all marketing, sales and communications executives. It can also be used to:
- Project product demonstration videos at trade shows
- Show customer testimonial videos to potential clients
- Demonstrate expertise through thought leadership videos
- Solve problems for customers with “how to” videos
YouTube marketing helps with your SEO rankings, improves brand awareness, motivates and educates viewers and drives traffic through your door. If you want to learn more about using videos in your marketing, read our blog here. Or, if you want step-by-step instructions on developing your own YouTube campaigns, read our blog here. But, if you’re ready to tap into the power of YouTube but aren’t sure just where to start, let’s talk.
- Forbes, Are You Maximizing the Use of Video in Your Content Marketing Strategy? May 15, 2017
- HubSpot, 31 Video Marketing Statistics to Inform Your 2017
- LinkedIn, ThroughMedia, Nadia Kidgell, 2017
- YouTube, Company Statistics, 2017
- Campaign Monitor, How to Use Video in Your Email Marketing, 2017
- Inc.com, Need a New Tool to Motivate Employees? Try a Video Camera (Infographic), 2014